Colors of Burgundy
france - burgundy
Burgundy, considered the heart of French gastronomy, is renowned for its exquisite wines and local culinary delicacies such as coq au vin. Marigny-le-Cahouet, a charming French village, will be your home for your cooking lessons. It is located on the beautiful Burgundy canal. It is a pleasure to walk, jog, cycle along the canal or simply enjoy the stunning scenery. The village is beautiful all year round with the summer sun blazing down on the village or the autumn leaves glowing in deep reds and oranges. Truly a collage of splendid colors!
The Culinary Courses
Katherine and Yannick welcome you to their lovely home, la Ferme de la Lochere. Chef Katherine inspires your own unique style of cooking encouraging you to trust your senses; guides you to use local ingredients which are simple but full of the colors of Burgundy to create outstanding dishes! During your classes, you will learn classic French dishes such as bourgignon, coq au vin, tarte tatin and crème brulee. Chef Katherine will go out of her way to ensure vegetarian dishes for our special guests!
- Indulge in the classic wines of Burgundy with wine expert Brendan Moore
- Visit the well known vineyard of Flavigny where the movie “Chocolat” was filmed and the famous French sweets, Anis de Flavigny, are made
- Full day visit to Dijon, home of the Dukes of Burgundy. Visit the ducal palace of the Dukes of Burgundy and the local market at Dijon to find fresh ingredients for your cooking class
- Explore the private vineyards of Cote de Beaune and Cote de Nuits and bring your taste buds to life! Visit the pretty village of Beaune
- Enjoy a guided tour of Abbaye de Fontenay, one of the oldest Cistercian monasteries of Europe and now a UNESCO treasure. Also stop at “Alexandre Chocolatier” in the medieval town of Semur en Auxois for a private chocolate tasting. Spend the rest of the evening bicycling along the canal, strolling through the beautiful countryside, exploring the local chateau, or simply relax by the pool
|Other trips in France|