Cook Under the Tuscan Sun
italy - tuscany
Il Falconiere, your elegant luxury hotel, is located 3 kms from the historical city of Cortona and within easy reach of famous Tuscan towns of Montepulciano, Arezzo, Perugia, Assisi and Siena and not far from Florence and Rome. You will be in the heart of Italy.
Your beautiful boutique hotel overlooks magnificent views of vineyards and olive groves. Tastefully decorated in a combination of antique furnishings and rich fabrics, Il Falconiere evokes a sense of timeless elegance and modern comfort.
The Culinary Courses
Your hands-on cooking classes will be conducted by owner and host Silvia Baracchi. They take place in a teaching kitchen dedicated to the cooking lessons. The classes embrace the relaxed and easy approach to the secrets of Tuscan cuisine where you will learn traditional recipes which you can replicate at home. You will master classic dishes such as pici pasta with tomato and aromatic herb sauce, tagliatelle with duck sauce, wild herb pie with parmesan fondue, gnudi pasta with ricotta cheese and berry cake with mascarpone cheese mousse.
Our vegetarian guests will be taught the best of vegetarian Tuscan cuisine!
- Visit the historic town of Cortona, setting of the book and movie “Under the Tuscan Sun”
- Enjoy a full day outing to the Renaissance towns of Arezzo or Assisi and end this beautiful day with a cheese making lesson
- Hand-pick the freshest vegetables and other ingredients in the local open air market
- Absorb some more art and architecture in medieval towns of Pienza and Montepulciano
- Indulge in traditional local cuisine during your excursions
|Other trips in Italy|