Cooking in Andalusian Olive Country
The Andalusian finca or farmhouse is tucked away in the heart of Andalusian olive country. It borders the beautiful Parque Natural de las Sierras Subbeticas. The finca is surrounded by panoramic views with hills covered with olive trees as far as the eye can see! This is authentic rural Andalusia, a hidden gem unknown to tourists who visit Spain. The farmhouse has been carefully restored to a high standard, retaining its original rustic charm. The ambiance is intimate and idyllic. The location is surrounded by natural beauty, immersed in local history and rich cultural heritage.
The fresh and fruity aromas of olive oil awaken your senses and here you find the world’s finest olive oils. It will be a unique culinary experience--exploring this hidden jewel and the heady flavors of Andalusia.
The Culinary Courses
Our host Chef Clive has been a professional chef of the highest level. He specializes in Mediterranean cuisine. He will take you through the traditional Andalusian dishes and lead you to explore the Moorish flavors which have influenced the cuisine of the region. Most of the produce is hand-picked from his own garden. Clive’s hands-on style is relaxed but informative and his gentle approach will instill confidence in your own cooking.
Chef Clive will create the best of Andalusian & Mediterranean dishes for our vegetarian guests!
- Enjoy a stroll in the village of Iznajar, perched on a hilltop, to get the spectacular view of the Lake of Andalusia
- Full day visit to the one of the world’s greatest architectural masterpieces: Mezquita in Cordoba. Also visit the famous street Callejon de las Flores. End the morning, with a walk through the Juderia or old Jewish quarter
- Visit an award winning olive mill and taste one of the best olive oils in the world. Stroll through the lively town of Priego de Cordoba, known as the Baroque jewel in Andalusia and explore the Barrio de la Villa or the Arab quarter
- Depart for the famous town of Granada to visit the breathtaking Alhambra Palace, a World Heritage Site. This is the highlight of all your excursions
- Visit one of the best producers of sherry wine and indulge your senses by savoring some of their exquisite wines